Healthy Food For Thought: (Breakfast) Basic Oat Quick Bread.
Basic Oat Quick Bread
4.3/5 rating (4 votes)
- Ready in: 60 mins
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: easy
- kcal: 130 / serving
- Origin: Starters
- (Dry Ingredients)
- 2 cups Oat Flour (227g) (I use Bob Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (Preferably Gluten & Aluminum Free)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2-4 tbs Stevia (Sweetener of Choice) **See Note Tips/Suggestions Below**
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Flax, 4tbs, 26g
- ½ Ginger (Optional)
- ½ Nutmeg (Optional)
- (Wet Ingredients)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt(Chobani is my preference)
- 1 Whole Egg (50g) + 50g Egg White
- 1 tbs Vanilla
- ¼ cup (63g) No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
(350 Degrees for 60mins)
What you need:
- Two Large Bowls
- Measuring Spoons
- Whisk or Large Fork
- Loaf Pan
- Cooking Spray/Oil
- Seran Wrap
4tbs Stevia is listed, but 2tbs can be used. 2tbs will yield a less sweeten bread, can be used if you plan to add breakfast spread on top, etc.
Store Silver Pan works best. I have used multiple bread loaf plans, many dark by Wilton & Bakers Joy, but have found that cheap store aluminum pans work best and provide the best outcome.
Bread can be cut as stated above, but ABSOLUTE best results are after allowing to cool in refrigerator overnight. Slicing in the morning and toasting. (Just a suggestion, but not necessary).
Bread crust may be slightly harder to the touch, this is normal. After cooling and refrigerating, the crust will moisten yielding a perfect loaf. It is always better the new day!!!
Nutrition / Macros for Batch of 10 (Individual Serving Macro):
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Protein: 8g
Full Batch Nutrition / Macros: (Divide by how many slices you cut)
- Total Calories: 1302
- Total Fat: 31g
- Total Carbohydrate: 174g
- Total Protein: 81g
Macros will change based upon your slices per loaf.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray Loaf Pan and set aside.
- Combine all Dry Ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
- Combine all Wet Ingredient in bowl, set aside.
- Make tunnel in center of Dry Ingredient. Slowly pour Wet Ingredients and combine gently. Do not over stir or beat.
- Pour batter in Loaf Pan and smooth out.
- Place in oven and bake for 60mins. At the 40-45 min mark, place small piece of tented foil over the bread (This will keep it from browning too much).
- Remove from the oven (60mins), allow to cool in Loaf Pan for 5mins.
- Remove from Loaf Pan and place on Wire Rack (or plate) to cool.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 mins before cutting. Cut in to 10-12 thick slices, based on your preference.
See Additional Notes
- To store, tightly wrap in Seran Wrap and place in keep in refrigerator until ready to use.