Healthy Food For Thought: (Breakfast, Post Workout, Snack, Kiddoes) Apple Spiced Oatmeal Muffins W/Creamy Greek Yogurt & Cashew Butter Frosting (Frosting Optional).
Apple Spiced Oatmeal Muffins (Applesauce & Greek Yogurt)
5.0/5 rating (1 votes)
- Ready in: 1.00
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: 92 /each
- Origin: Starters
- (Dry Ingredients)
- 114g, 8oz Oat Flour (I use Bob Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour)
- 80g, 1 cup Whole Oats
- 20g, 3tbs Flax Seed Meal
- 2 tbs Stevia (Optional: Brown Sugar Splenda can replace up to 1tbs)
- 1/8 salt
- ¼ Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder (Preferably Gluten & Aluminum Free/Low Sodium)
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- (Wet Ingredients)
- 50g Egg White (Equivalent to one large whole egg)
- 128g, ½ cup + 1tbs Greek Yogurt (Chobani is my preference)
- 142g, ½ cup + 1 tbs AppleSauce (No sugar add)
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 4tbs, ¼ cup Almond Milk/Coconut Milk
- (Fold In Batter)
- 125g, 1 cup Chopped Apples **See Note Tips/Suggestions Below**
- (375 Degrees for 20-22mins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray Muffin Pan and set aside.
- Combine all Dry Ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
- Combine all Wet Ingredient in bowl, set aside.
- Make tunnel in center of Dry Ingredient. Slowly pour Wet Ingredients and combine gently. Do not over stir or beat.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cups (Full Pan).
- Place in oven and bake for 20-22mins.
- Remove from the oven; allow to cool in Muffin Pan for 5-10mins.
- Remove from Muffin Pan and place on Wire Rack (or plate) to cool.
- (Optional) Top with Creamy Cashew & Greek yogurt frosting or frosting of choice.
- To store, place in food container with sealable top, place in keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
What you need:
- Two Large Bowls
- Measuring Spoons
- Whisk or Large Fork
- Muffin Pan
- Cooking Spray/Oil
- Baking Cups (Parchment or Foil are best)
- Food Storage Container
- PaperChef Large Parchment Baking cups or Foil Liner Baking Cups are the best to use. They keep muffins from sticking to muffin tin sides.
- To reheat muffins, place in microwave for 45secs to 1 min. Add more time as needed.
- Chop apples into thin slices or smaller chunks, based upon preference. Two examples are provided in pictures. Red apples are cut into smaller chunks/slices (my preference) and green apples are cut into larger chunks.
**Do you need frosting ideas???**
- 14g Protein Powder of Choice + 56g (1/4cup) Greek Yogurt + ½ to 1 tbs Almond/Coconut Milk + 1 tsp Stevia (Optional) + ½ tspVanilla (Optional)
- 1-2tbs Nut Butter of Choice (Cashew, Peanut, Almond) + 56g (1/4 cup) Greek Yogurt + ½ to 1 tbs Almond/Coconut Milk + 1tsp Stevia (Optional) + ½ tsp Vanilla (Optional)
(Blend or Process Frosting above–I used Dymatize Elite XT Banana Nut or Vanilla for protein frostings. They make great frostings).
Nutrition / Macros for 1 muffin:
- Calories: 92